2020 GRANTS ROUND
7 July 2020
Midnight 17 Aug 2020
0499 862 886
Your organisation needs to be actively supporting individuals in one or more of our target groups:
• Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people
• Refugees & asylum seekers
• Women or men at risk or disadvantage
• Children or youth at risk or disadvantage
• People who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
• People who have experienced family or domestic violence
• People living with a disability (including carers)
• People living with a health issue (including carers)
Additionally, the grants program supports wildlife, environment conservation and preservation, and arts and culture projects.
The Recovery & Resilience Grants program aims to create fairer, more inclusive & regenerative communities by supporting organisations working with these target groups because as a cohort, as they are often some of the most socially and economically disadvantaged members of the Australian community.
We don’t provide grant funding for the following:
• Medical research
• Programs promoting religion
• Charity works outside of Australia
• Sponsorship activities
Our Recovery & Resilience Grants program aims to support Northern Rivers communities as they recover from a recent crisis or natural disaster. As such, we support community organisations and groups that provide improvements in the quality of life of fellow Australians experiencing disadvantage. Additionally the program looks to support the capacity of organisations as they seek to build resilience within their organisations.
If your organisation is seeking funding for programs or activities on our exclusion list, you may wish to visit www.ourcommunity.com.au for alternative sources of funding that may be available to you.
As part of your application you will be required to provide the following:
- Organisation’s P&L & Balance Sheet. Please ensure your statements include your organisation’s annual gross revenue. Please use the figure in your financial statements lodged with the ACNC or other relevant regulatory body for the last financial year.
- If you are applying for a Capital project – i.e. for the purchase of equipment or a renovation project, you are obliged to submit a quote for any costs over $500.
You may also submit the following as additional support material:
- Signed Letter of Support from a community organisation
- Documents, Photos or Video describing any previously funded projects that are relevant to your application
Applications are firstly checked by the NRCF Office to ensure eligibility. You will be contacted via email if your application is ineligible.
Assessment is then undertaken by the NRCF Grants Committee who have extensive experience in the community grant process and are knowledgeable about relevant local community issues. Assessment is based on Essential Criteria. For a full explanation of this criteria please download the guidelines here.
The Grants Committee sends their funding recommendations to the NRCF Board. The Board makes the final decision on funding applications.