Circle members gathered in the garden at Clunes for Christmas Drinks and up update from the two projects underway thanks to the Empowering Women and Girls Grant.
It was truly a celebration of the hard work that this year’s grant recipients, Kyogle Family Support Services and Northern Rivers Community Gateway, are putting into their grant projects.
The afternoon was also a celebration of just what can be achieved when a group of like-minded, community driven women join forces to have social impact beyond what they could achieve alone.
Kyogle Family Support Service – Walking Tall Project
The Walking Tall project supports 12 women in the Kyogle community to:
- find their individualism
- build on their self-esteem
- develop their skills
- become work or education ready
- start shaping their life the way they want
Walking Tall is inviting mentors and client referrals
- Do you have lived experience, knowledge and wisdom to share? Can you commit to three sessions per month starting in February 2023? The Kyogle Family Support Service is seeking six mature women to participate in a mentoring program for 12 young women from Kyogle, aged between 16-24 years. Please contact Jade for further information on 0498 008 513 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you or someone you know a young woman in Kyogle who could benefit from the Walking Tall program? Please reach out to Jade on 0498 008 513 or email email@example.com
Northern Rivers Community Gateway – New Generations Project
New Generations project provides a pathway to build older women’s capacity and overall wellbeing, by sharing their skills with the younger generation and simultanously reducing social isolation.
New Generations invites local women from all cultures and walks of life to share their rich knowledge with younger generations.
Become involved today, to preserve the important knowledge, skills, language and cultural practices that are at risk of being lost.
Think arts, crafts, textiles, weaving, cooking, social knowledge, professional, personal and domestic practices – and important culturally specific knowledge and practices.
We look forward to more events in the New Year. Membership for the 2023 Women’s Giving Circle is now warmly invited.
Please contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org to become part of a local, activated group of women who are making impactful change in the Northern Rivers.